We at Devon love the Olympics so this is truly in a fun spirit to have our own DevOlympics. But I know we have some competitive people out there – so get your team together and LET’S GO!!!! Now is the time to learn what hidden talents you and your friends have! This is for all ages 16+ so don’t let the young 20 something’s who think they will win every event win every event!!
Schedule – of course weather can affect •
- Tuesday July 20th – 6:00p – 3v3 Water Basketball and Doubles Badminton – each team for both events will randomly be put into a bracket – the top 4 teams will move on to the medal round Saturday.
- Wednesday July 21st – 6:00p – 6v6 Sand Volleyball teams will be randomly put into a bracket – the top 4 teams will move on to the medal round Sunday
- Thursday July 22nd – 6p – Shooting and Ping Pong. Shooting will have 2 people from each team shooting from different distances collecting points, top 4 teams will move on to medal round Saturday or Sunday. Ping Pong teams will be put into a random bracket, top 4 teams move to medal round Saturday.
- Saturday July 24th – •10:30a – Swimming prelims (depending on # of teams entered this could be medal swimming) •12:30p – 3v3 Water Basketball Medal Games top 4 teams •1p – Doubles Badminton medal games •3p – Ping Pong Medal Games – top 4 teams compete •4p – Shooting top 4 scoring teams compete for medals
- Sunday July 25th – Medal Sunday •12:30p – Diving – Each team does 6 dives using 3 divers. They can split up any way they want and use which board they prefer
- 2:30p – Swimming Finals
- 4:30p – Track and Field Finals
- 6:30p – 6v6 Volleyball Finals
Official Rules for each event will be available soon! I really hope you get a team of friends and register. This will be a lot of fun. If you don’t have a team, put your name as someone looking for a team!!
We need teams of 8 with a minimum of 2 women to register on line. We will need your team name as well as your teams theme song. This is the song that will play if you earn a gold medal in an event while on the podium.
The entry fee is $40 per team to register ($5per person) Devon will supply water and snacks during events plus medals and prizes
- 6v6 volleyball (2 girls at all times, can rotate in players if want.) Play to 21 win by 2
- Track – 4×100 relay (2 guys and 2 girls) and 4×200 relay (all 8 team members)
- Diving – 6 dives total you choose high or low dive. 3 people must dive. Can split up dives how you want – judges will score
- Swimming – Do 50’s of each of the 4 strokes, but its by a pair- girl/guy. Each swim 25.
- Relays will be 200 free and 200 medley, but all 8 people on team participate and do a 25
- 3v3 Water Basketball- 1 girl must play. Play to 21 same as volleyball, 2 prelim games to determine seeding for bracket
- Badminton – Doubles girl/guy – play to 21 same as volleyball
- Shooting – BB guns/beer cans
- Ping Pong – Doubles girl/guy